Please read the guidelines below and then visit the Journal’s submission site http://wyll.cbpt.cnki.net to upload your manuscript. Please note that manuscripts not conforming to these guidelines may be returned.
Only manuscripts of sufficient quality that meet the aims and scope of TSLA will be reviewed.
There are no fees payable to submit or publish in this journal.
As part of the submission process, you will be required to declare that you are submitting your original work; that you hold the rights to the work; that you are submitting the work for its first publication in the Journal; that it is not being considered for publication elsewhere and has not already been published elsewhere; and that you have obtained and can supply all necessary permissions for the reproduction of any copyright works not owned by you.
1. What do we publish? Before submitting your manuscript to TSLA, please ensure you have read the Aims & Scope.
2. Editorial policies 2.1 Peer review policy TSLA operates a strictly anonymous peer review process, in which the reviewer’s name is withheld from the author and the author’s name from the reviewer. At their own discretion, reviewers may opt to reveal their name to the author in their review. However, our standard policy practice is for both identities to remain concealed. Each manuscript is reviewed by at least one referee. All manuscripts are reviewed as rapidly as possible, and an editorial decision is generally reached within 3 - 6 months of submission.
2.2 Authorship All parties who have made a substantive contribution to the article should be listed as authors. Principal authorship, authorship order, and other publication credits should be based on the relative scientific or professional contributions of the individuals involved, regardless of their status. A student is usually listed as principal author on any multiple-authored publication that substantially derives from the student’s dissertation or thesis.
2.3 Funding TSLA requires all authors to acknowledge their funding in a consistent fashion under a separate heading. Please confirm the exact English translation of the name and grant number of the funding.
3. Publishing Policies All authors hereby assert their moral rights to be identified as the Author of the Article according to the Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China 2010. For more details, please see http://www.ncac.gov.cn/chinacopyright/contents/+079/175+02.html
3.1 Publication ethics 3.1.1 Plagiarism TSLA takes issues of copyright infringement, plagiarism or other breaches of best practice in publication very seriously. We seek to protect the rights of our authors and we always investigate claims of plagiarism or misuse of published articles. Equally, we seek to protect the reputation of the journal against malpractice. Submitted articles may be checked with duplication-checking software. Where an article, for example, is found to have plagiarized other work or included third-party copyright material without permission or with insufficient acknowledgement, or where the authorship of the article is contested, we reserve the right to take action including, but not limited to: publishing an erratum or corrigendum (correction); retracting the article; taking up the matter with the head of department or dean of the author's institution and/or relevant academic bodies or societies; or taking appropriate legal action.
3.1.2 Prior publication If material has been previously published it is not generally acceptable for publication in TSLA.
3.2 Contributor's publishing agreement Before publication, TSLA requires the author, as the rights holder, to sign a Journal Contributor’s Publishing Agreement. TSLA Journal Contributor’s Publishing Agreement is an exclusive license agreement which means that the author retains copyright to the work but grants TSLA the sole and exclusive right and license to publish it, for the full legal term of the copyright. Exceptions may exist where an assignment of copyright is required or preferred by a proprietor other than TSLA. In such cases, copyright to the work will be assigned by the author to the society. For more details, please see http://www.ncac.gov.cn/chinacopyright/contents/+079/175+02.html.
3.3 Open access and author archiving TSLA offers optional open access publishing via both traditional paper publications and also the network channels. For the electronic version, please visit the websites: www.ebsco.com, and tsla.ecnu.edu.cn.
4. Preparing your manuscript for submission To best serve your own interests, we endeavor to ensure that only those manuscripts conforming to the principles of academic integrity will be accepted.
We welcome MLA-style manuscripts of 6000-12000 words in length. In the “Works Cited” part, English translations of all works cited in Chinese must be provided. Please ensure your manuscript conforms to the MLA reference style. See, Joseph, Gibaldi. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, Fifth Edition (1999).
To be submitted for editorial evaluation, your manuscript should include a front page containing the title of the manuscript, an abstract not exceeding 300 words, 3 to 5 keywords, and author information including full name, title/designation, affiliation (university), academic interests/areas of academic specialty, email and/or other contact information. The title, the abstract, the keywords, and author information should be in both English and Chinese. Non-Chinese authors are encouraged but not required to provide corresponding Chinese translations.
If you have received no editorial feedback after 3 months from submission, you may enquire about the status of the manuscript via email. You will usually be notified of any final decisions regarding the manuscript within +0 months. Enquiries and/or contributions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contribution should be included as an attachment, in Word 97-2003 format. The subject heading format of your email should be “contribution from xxx [your name]”.
5. Submitting your manuscript TSLA is hosted on CNKI, a website with online submission and peer review system. Visit https://wyll.cbpt.cnki.net/EditorDN/index.aspx?t=1 to login and submit your article online, in one of the four formats: pdf (5000KB), jpg (5000KB), rar (10000KB), or doc (5000KB).
IMPORTANT: Please check whether you already have an account in the system before trying to create a new one. If you have reviewed or authored for the journal in the past few years, it is likely that you will have already had an account created.
5.1 Information required to complete your submission You will be asked to provide contact details and academic affiliations for all co-authors via the submission system and identify who is to be the corresponding author. These details must match what appears on your manuscript. At this stage, please ensure you have included all required statements and declarations and uploaded any additional supplementary files (including reporting guidelines where relevant).
5.2 Permissions Please also ensure that you have obtained any necessary permission(s) from copyright holders to reproduce any illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere. For further information, including guidance on fair dealing for criticism and review, please see the Copyright and Permissions page in the Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement.
6. On acceptance and publication 6.1 TSLA Production Your TSLA Editor Board will keep you informed as to your article’s progress throughout the production process. Proofs will be sent by PDF to the corresponding author and should be returned promptly. Authors are reminded to check their proofs carefully to confirm that all author information, including names, affiliations, sequence and contact details are correct, and that declarations of funding, if any, are accurate. Please note that if there are any changes to the author list at this stage, all authors will be required to complete and sign a form authorizing the change. For more details, please see http://www.ncac.gov.cn/chinacopyright/contents/+079/175+02.html.
6.2 Access to your published article TSLA provides authors with online access to their final article.
7. Further information Any correspondence, queries or additional requests for information on the manuscript submission process should be sent to the TSLA editorial office as follows:
Publisher’s Name: East China Normal University Press Publisher’s Address: 3663 N. Zhongshan Rd., Shanghai 200062 Editor’s Name(s): Professor Tan Fan and Professor Zhu Guohua Editor’s Address: Department of Chinese TSLA, East China Normal University, 500 Dongchuan Rd., Shanghai 2002+01 Domestic distribution: Post office of Shanghai, China International distribution: China International Book Trading Corporation, P. O. Box 399, Beijing, China, 1000+0+0 Email: email@example.com Website: http://tsla.ecnu.edu.cn/ Phone No.: 86-21-62232881 Fax No.: 86-21-62232881